Governance Council Links
The Administration and Staff of The New America School-New Mexico are so excited to welcome back returning students, new students, and families to another great school year of educational success and opportunities.
One of the cool things this year is a total revamp of our webpage and informational platforms. Not only do we hope to have a greater social media presence, but soon you will be able to download an actual app for NAS-NM. You can look up school information at the touch of a finger!
We are also excited to welcome back Mr. Paul Perez as the Student Success Director. Mr. Perez will be working closely with the support staff of NAS-NM to put in student support and recognition programs for the new year.
Food Service Announcements/ Anuncios de Servicio de Comida:
Equity Councils will help inform districts’ and charter schools’ actions in response to the Martinez and Yazzie consolidated lawsuit. We are embracing a great opportunity to work toward serving NM students by building an equitable, excellent, and relevant educational system that draws upon the experiences and strengths of our communities. We are excited to engage families and stakeholders across the state in the first phase of this process: establishing district-and charter-level Superintendent’s/Executive Director’s equity councils.
Please find the guidelines in the memo linked below.
If you are interested in serving, please contact Mr. Paul Perez at 505-222-4360.
In your application, please include the following:
• your name
• the student group you would represent on the Council (Economically Disadvantaged, Native American, English Learners, Students with Disabilities)
• a statement of interest
• preferred service term length (3 or 4 years)
Rubric for Application Scoring:
• Each item is worth 1 point.
• If blank, the applicant would not earn the point.
• If the term or particular group seat on the council is not available, the applicant would not earn the point.
• The total possible score is 4 points.